Friday 21 March 2008

Blogging is cool! says Honest Isaac!

So far I've not interviewed that many really famous people, England's Peter Moores probably being the only one, so it was good to have the experience of interviewing Sir Henry Cooper at Bar Sports in Loughborough.
At first I was told I would get 30 mins with the former champion and one of only a handful of men who can claim they have knocked down 'The Greatest' but somewhat predictably I was told on arrival that it would be five minutes.
As it was I manged to get 20 minutes after he had turned up fashionably late and it was fascinating to hear him speak.
It was quite unnerving interviewing him under a giant image of him that's permanently in the bar next to Bobby Moore, but he was a true gentleman and spoke warmly with others like the 95-year-old who had come to meet his hero.

Writing it all up nearly made working on a Bank Holiday worth while. I was laughed at when I said earliler in the week I was looking forward to a four day weekend.

1 comment:

Isaac Ashe said...

Honest Isaac is dead.